Monday, April 11, 2011

N385 - Why are you here?

I am going to assume that we are asking this question on a philosophical basis and that you don't want to know why I am sitting on my couch drinking Mountain Dew and eating Funyuns waiting for the next episode of Family Guy to start. (Or maybe you do. I like to think I could make my fairly boring life seem interesting through the magic of words.)

Anyways, why am I here?

Well, I don't have any religious beliefs, so I can't say that I am here to serve God's will or to find Nirvana or anything like that. I can only say how I am choosing to live my life, which I believe says a lot about what I think my reason for being here is.

I try to live my life with no regrets. To be the best man that I can be. I go to bed every night, knowing that I did the right things that day. I can honestly look back on my life and say that I am proud of the way I've lived it thus far.

I don't know what happens to us when we die, but I do know that no matter what, I will have lived a life that I know was full of good deeds and void of poor moral decisions. No matter what the afterlife (or lack thereof) holds for me, I will have the knowledge that I stuck to my guns and stood up for what I believed to be right and true.

So, why am I here?

I guess I am here because I want to show the world that you can be moral and just without conforming to the norm or leaning on religion. I want people to understand that it is up to you to make the right decisions whether someone is watching you or not. You can't live your life trying to please others. You need to do what makes you happy. Be you!

No comments:

Post a Comment