Monday, April 18, 2011

N385 - Seeing Sideways - Day 8?

I haven't done one of these in awhile. They have kind of been merged with the assignment posts. This week was no exception. We talked about what gets our creative juices flowing and that's what I talked about in great detail in my last post.

One class member shared about how she felt like she had lost her creativity. I know exactly how she feels. I think every creative person goes through that many times in their life. Creativity comes and goes and you can't force it to come to you. The best you can do is try to coax it back out, but even that won't always work.

It is definitely a frustrating feeling, but all I can suggest is that you just keep trying and just keep your head up. You never know what is going to inspire you, so just live life! See a movie every week, read a book, try new types of food, learn a new language, meet new people! The more I take in, the easier it is for me to put out. (No sexual innuendo intended... God, that sounds bad. But you get the idea, perverts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment