Monday, January 10, 2011

N385 - Seeing Sideways - Expectations

I saw the assignment to make this blog entry on the 9th (the day before the first day of the actual class), but I didn't know how to talk about my expectations for this class, when I really had no idea what it was about. I have since read the syllabus and attended the first "lecture," if it could really be called that.

So let's get to it: Seeing Sideways! is a class which focuses on "fostering creative exploration in New Media." While I am not entirely sure what that entails, I can easily infer that it will be exciting, unpredictable, and crazy. (I've had a class with Beth before, and I know how she can be. Not to mention some of the absurd rumors that I've heard from friends who have had this class previously.)

I hope this class will inspire me to do some things that I would not have originally thought to do. I want to get some ideas for my upcoming Capstone Project that will be due at the end of my next year. I also hope to meet new and interesting people who might be willing to work on projects or endeavors with me in the future. All in all, it should be quite an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment